Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the chicago cubs will not beat every team in the league

even though they did beat atlanta 10-2 today. sorry, john darnielle.

back to the intention of this post- sooo, i started a blog. i am well aware that this makes me a tool, but i figure it will be less obnoxious than constant three-page long e-mail updates to a whole bunch of family, friends, and acquaintances, 99.999% of them who don't care whatsoever. This way, you can just click the lovely link sent via e-mail or available on my facebook or profile or what have you, and read to your heart's content.

now that I just spent (wasted?) a paragraph defending my right to "keep" a blog- here we go. this cyberspace creation will chronicle my time abroad on the CIEE program in Barcelona, Spain. I am leaving from Philadelphia on September 1st (in a mere 2.5 weeks!) and returning on...well, that's to be determined. don't get nervous, i'll be back eventually. while in Barcelona, i'll be taking classes in Spanish language- basic language classes, and classes with particular emphasis on speaking and writing, Spanish politics, and Spanish culture- either literature or cinema. In other words, I'm tucking the economics part of my life away for a semester, but it's probably a strong and necessary choice. what better place to take my IR requirements like history, culture, and language than in a country that is not the United States, really? i'll be writing here about my classes, the culture, and all the travels I am doing- hopefully to a bunch of places in Spain as well as my soon-to-be European neighbors.

to briefly recap- i spent the summer in D.C. interning and generally having a grand old time. i got back to philadelphia two days ago, and am going to be here until i leave for spain. the next time i write will be from across the Atlantic- que bien!

6 comments:

Kyle Chayka said...

Look who has a blog!!!

Kyle Chayka said...

PS: that indie bar/club sounds amazing

lucía said...

and yet they ARE doing just that.

Jeremy said...

WOW WAY TO HAVE A BLOG...NOW YOU JOIN ALL US BLOGGERS!

BET YOU DIDN'T THINK I HAD A BLOG - BUT I DO! AND IT'S PERHAPS THE DORKIEST BLOG EVER WRITTEN! IN FACT, NOBODY READS IT! EVER!

MAYBE WRITING IN ALL CAPS WILL HELP ME GET SOME PROMOTION!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BLOG!

-JEREMY, ESTEEMED BLOGGER

Anonymous said...

Lies! You will NOT be in Philly until you leave. You're coming to visit me first.

CMourning said...

the cubs WILL beat every team in the league